Submit an Abstract
Abstract Submission Guidelines
General abstract submission is now closed.
Late Breaking abstract submission will open on June 25, 2019. Please note that late-breaking abstracts should contain new information that was not yet known or fully available by the general abstract submission deadline.
IGCS 2019 is accepting abstracts for the following three types of presentation:
All abstracts must be in English.
If submitting for a Video Presentation, please select the topic Surgical Films – abstracts must be submitted as TEXT like a regular abstract – and if accepted we will advise you with details on how to send in your actual video for onsite presentation.
No changes can be made to abstracts once the abstract submission deadline has passed.
Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official meeting publications as well as in an online supplement to the International Journal of Gynecological Cancer. For any further information related to the Journal, please refer to: https://www.igcs.org/journal/accessIJGC.html
Presenting authors of accepted abstracts must be registered and paid participants. Registration must be received by the Secretariat by the Early Registration Deadline (June 25, 2019) to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the meeting publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation.
Each person can present a maximum of 5 abstracts at IGCS 2019.
Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
The Scientific Committee will determine the presentation type of each accepted abstract, with consideration given to the author’s preference. The committee’s decision is final.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
Your abstract is not successfully submitted until you receive a confirmation e-mail after clicking the final submit button. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please contact email@example.com
Please note the submitting author will receive all correspondence about the abstract so we advise that the submitting author details that are entered at the time of submission match those details as those of the presenting author.
No changes can be made to abstracts once they are submitted and the abstract submission deadline has passed. You are welcome to bring an updated Poster onsite with you.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster or oral presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission. Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected in any way after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. I confirm that this abstract has not been previously presented or published in any other forum as of the present date, unless the data has been updated since date of last presentation/publication.
3. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
4. As the Abstract Submitter, I warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to IGCS 2019 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organisers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
5. As the Abstract Submitter, I grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive licence to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
6. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract that does not comply with the above.
7. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Contact details for all abstract authors: email address, full postal address, daytime and evening phone numbers, affiliation details including department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country. Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements. (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
Abstracts should clearly state:
Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
Abstract category – abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories – please click here.
Graphs, tables, and images – You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only. Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be saved and uploaded as JPEG files. Other file types cannot be accepted. Please note that images may be resized to fit in the final printed material. It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel.
Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link above allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.